Kothari Medical Centre is a balanced mix of skills, talent and experience, of leading specialists from Kolkata, focused on various types of diseases, from basic research to the application of latest technology in treatment process.
INFORMATION FOR INPATIENTS
You are requested to complete all formalities at reception and register your patient at Emergency/Help Desk.
- All rooms are centrally air-conditioned with nurse-call facilities:
- "A" Ward: Single room with sofa-cum-bed and cable TV, telephone facilities.
- "B" Ward: Double-bedded room.
- "Special" Ward: Five Bedded room.
- "C" Ward: Six-bedded room.
- Transfer from A Ward to B Ward and B Ward to Special Ward can be done after minimum of 3 days hospital stay subject to availability of bed and consent of the treating doctor.
- For room transfer, application is to be deposited at the respective nursing station.
- Your meals are prepared under strict guidance of professional dieticians.
- On special request or necessity, we also have the facility for serving meals to SINGLE VISITOR / ATTENDANT against payment (only in Single Room/A Ward/Paediatric Ward).
- The hospital also provides cafeteria service at the Ground Floor and near Parking Area for patient’s relatives and visitors.
Please restrict the number of your visitors at the hospital to avoid overcrowding & hospital-acquired infection.
Visiting Hours for Wards:
- 10.00 a.m. - 11.00 a.m. (All days)
- 5.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m. (All days)
Visiting Hours for CCU / HDU:
- 5.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m. (All days)
- In CCU / HDU only one visitor is allowed at a time.
Night stay passes or slips are issued under the following circumstances:
- A Ward: One card per patient shall be issued from the Reception or Help Desk Counter at the Ground Floor.
- B & Special Ward: One slip per patient may be issued with the consent from treating doctor as well as Medical Administration.
- Patient’s relatives can stay at Waiting Lounge in the Ground Floor with the permission from Administration.
- For any progress of treatment and detailed briefing of your patient, please discuss with your consultant doctor under whom your patient is admitted.
- The staff nurse and junior doctor can also help you.
- Any referral or transfer of case is made as per the instruction of your consultant, so for any type of further clarification if required, please discuss with the treating Doctor only.
- All medicines as prescribed by the treating doctor shall be provided by our hospital pharmacy.
- All medicines are available at the Hospital pharmacy where strict quality control is maintained.
- All indoor corporate patients are also supplied with medicines on credit basis subjected to prior approval / terms of contract.
- Please remove all your valuables e.g. Money, Mobile, Jewelry, Watch etc. before admission.
- The Hospital will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of such articles.
YOUR PHONE CALLS
- All incoming calls shall be connected to patients between 10.00 a.m. & 9.00 p.m.
- Patient’s relatives are advised to keep the number and duration of calls to the patients to the minimum in the best interest of their patients.
- Patients are requested to dial '9' for operator’s assistance.
- Mobile Phones should be avoided by the patients as far as possible.
- Applications for private attendants can be made at the Office of Nursing Administration.
- Allotments are made on priority basis.
- Confirmed allotments are made subjected to the availability.
- No private attendants are allowed in CCU / HDU & Nursery.
- Hospital has an OPD Department and a Specialty Clinic where you may need to visit for follow up visit and consult your treating doctor to assess your progress of recovery.
KNOW ABOUT YOUR BILLS
- The billing counter is open 24 hrs.
- Room Charges are posted everyday including on the date of admission and date of discharge.
- Security Deposit paid at the time of admission shall be adjusted at the time of final billing.
- Deposit covering approximate charges of surgery is to be made before the surgical operation.
- Please enquire about your outstanding bill every third day from Central reception/Help Desk Counter and clear the pending amount, if any.
- Service charge of 12% on the total bill amount will be levied except doctor’s fees and pharmacy.
- For “A” Ward patient, doctor’s fees are billed as per the instruction from the Consultant.
- Please enquire about tariffs and rates from "Help Desk / Reception" on or after admission.
ASSISTANCE FOR YOU
You can discuss about your suggestion or queries about Hospital service at the following office at Ground Floor.
- Medical Superintendent/Dy. Medical Superintendent: Regarding Medical matters.
- Sr. General Manager (Operation) Dy. General Manager (Operation): Regarding non-Medical Matters.
- Accounts Officers: Financial & Billing Matters.
- Nursing Superintendent/Dy. Nursing Superintendent: Matters related to Nursing & Attendants.
- Floor Managers are available at the floors from 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. for patient related services where patient and patient’s relatives can directly communicate with them for any type of assistance.
- Routine discharges normally take place between 3.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
- However for Corporate patients & TPA patients, discharges continue till 5.00 p.m.
- No change in medical record is entertained at the time of discharge.
- If any reason, you need to release your patient from the Hospital on your own (without Doctor’s advice), you can do so only after signing Risk Bond form available at the Nursing Station of the concerned floor.
- Patient with serious life risk problems are admitted to highly specialized intensive care units. CCU / HDU are specially tailored to accommodate a range of patient’s needs and are equipped with the state-of-the-art computerized monitors and instruments.
- Each Operation Theatre Complex is equipped with the most modern equipment to ensure sterile condition, including UV air Sterilizer and streamlined Ventilation system.
- 24 Hours Emergency and Trauma Care Services.
- Outpatient Department Facility is available from Monday to Saturday from 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
- Specialists of all departments are available for consultancy for a nominal fee of Rs. 100/- only.
- Centrally air conditioned Kothari Specialty Clinic with ambient lounge and patient facilities operates between 9.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.)
- Direct appointment with doctors at Kothari Speciality Clinic can be done by Dialing the following Numbers: 2456-7045 / 7046 / 86977 08113 / 86977 29650 / 86977 42254.
- A very hygienic & attractive cafeteria is available to serve snacks and meals to the patients & patient’s relatives. Asimilar cafeteria is also available at ground floor near the parking area.
- Counter for foreigners specially patients from Bangladesh and general visitors’ assistance available at the Help Desk.
- All Diagnostic facilities including MRI & CT are available to both Indoor & Outdoor patients. Radiology / Imaging facilities including Laboratory services are available 24 X 7.
- Cardiology Department with Echocardiography, Treadmill and Halter Monitoring facilities are available
- The center was first to offer USG and Hepatitis C screening facility in the city.
- Blood Bank facility is available
- Modern Nurseries.
- Technically superior Dental clinic at First Floor (Kothari Speciality Clinic).
- 24 Hours open state-of-the-art Spiral CT Scan Services.
- State-of-the-art Neuro-physiology unit for EMG.
- 1.5 Tesla MRI System.
- Fully equipped Cardiac Care Ambulance Facility (24 Hours).
- Well stocked Pharmacy Services (24 Hours).
Specialized services based on contemporary medical technology are offered in several areas including:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures in Gastroenterology. We have installed state-of-the-art Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and Double Balloon Enteroscopy for the first time in Eastern India at our Department of Gastroenterology. We have also introduced spiral DBE for the first time in Eastern India.
- Exclusive Facilities for diagnostic and therapeutic treatment of small and large intestines like obscure G.I. Bleeding chronic disease by Double Balloon Endoscopy.
- Diagnostic (ERCP) and Therapeutic Hepatobiliary intervention (including stone extraction, stenting etc.)
- Key hole abdominal surgery (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy etc.)
- Harmonic scalpel surgery for patients with permanent pace maker.
- APC for major bloodless surgery like liver & spleen.
- Total arthroplasties (Knee, Hip and Elbow).
- Diagnostic and therapeutic arthroscopies.
- Diagnostic, therapeutic, laparoscopic laser Surgery in Urology and Gynaecology.
- Physiotheraphy and Rehabilitation.
- Advanced Hematology and Chemotherapy.
- PCR lab for early detection of infective diseases.
- Eye surgery phaco (IOL).
- Nutrition and Dietetics Services by qualified technicians.
OUR SPECIALITY CLINIC
- The new Specialty Clinic (Kothari Clinic) has been operational from April 2005.
- At present it is catering to Dermatology, Dentistry, Diabetology, and Endocrinology,Ophthalmology, Gastroentrology, General Medicine, Haematology, Neurology, Neuro Surgery, Onco Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Psychiatry, Rheumatology, Urology, General Surgery, Audiometry, Physiotherapy.
- The clinic is graced by a team of highly skilled and professionally qualified eminent consultants of Kolkata.
While leading specialists for various branches of medicine are available for consultation, the center has its own complement of resident registrars, medical officers and administrative and engineering staff to ensure smooth running of the hospital round the clock with patients getting attention whenever required.
ACADEMICS & RESEARCH
- Monthly clinical meetings, workshops and lectures by guest faculty are regular features at the hospital.
- The area of importance in research includes study of viral Hepatitis, Inflammatory bowel disease which is of special significance in eastern region of India and also in Haematology, Cardiology, Pediatrics, Gynaecology & Obsterics and Orthopaedics.
SOME DO'S & DON'T'S
- Smoking & spitting are strictly prohibited in the Hospital premises.
- Litter to be dropped in “Bins” kept at specific points only.
- Do not shift or repair electronic items of the hospital, nor bring from outside for use in the hospital.
- Do not keep windows open while AC is on.
- Do not operate Oxygen/Vacuum yourself.
- Do not wash personal clothes within the hospital premises.
- Do not allow your visitor to sit on your bed or overstay after the visiting hours.
- Please ensure that you leave the toilet as clean as you found them before use.